Everyone wants something.

My photo
I don't know how I'll find my way. I've been so lost in thought.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The sort of seeds that grow and choke.

The sun lied to me when I looked out my bedroom window this morning. Bright rays shooting every which way on the frozen ground. I thought that it must be warm, and I was possessed with the sudden desire to feel it burning on my skin. But instead, I was met with a bone chilling slap to the face as I stepped out the backdoor.

Even with that, I decided that I would be in good spirits today. Hasn't exactly worked out that way.

The after effects of an ugly dream won't leave the back of my mind.
The more I try to push the thoughts out of my mind, the stronger they linger.
I know better than to doubt something so pure and all I want is to be rid of this silliness.

I fear loss.

The trees swaying over my neighbor's rooftop, are calling to me. I want out of this chilly cage. My bedroom is decorated with toys and vintage costume jewelry, as though I'm trapped in some time warp. I'm no longer a baby. Let me go.

I Can Feel a Hot One - Manchester Orchestra

No comments:

Post a Comment