Everyone wants something.

My photo
I don't know how I'll find my way. I've been so lost in thought.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Far from home in my mother's jewelry box.

Slow. Disoriented were my steps. Feeling along the walls for the support I've always longed for. The support that was promied me. It was almost like waking from one of my many unremembered dreams. Dark. Dizzy. Familiar smells that I've never smelled before. If there was light, I'm sure I'd see the familiar faces that I've never met.
Just as I thought I might be wandering through some black part in the back of your mind, a light appeared. Tiny, flickering. And I followed it. Closer and closer, soon my head was spinning with things I thought were only imaginary.
More lights. Blue and yellow and white like mini gems glowing from my mother's jewelry box. I reached for them. And when I woke up, I was in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment