Everyone wants something.

My photo
I don't know how I'll find my way. I've been so lost in thought.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

You can't keep what doesn't want to be kept.

Keep Calm and Breathe Pictures, Images and Photos

I will not dwell on the fact that this isn't how we're supposed to be.

At this point, I'm not sure whether you still care for me or if I'm just a fixture.

You can't keep what doesn't want to be kept, and I couldn't keep you.

But I will not dwell. 

-

My Dad thinks that he can keep me forever. Maybe I'm being insensitive, but it seems that for the past 16 years, I've been under his proverbial thumb. Ever since I can remember, he's tried to establish himself as god.
Maybe I am being insensitive.
I've been straight forward and honest with him. When I turn 18 years old, I'll be moving away from home. He says that it would be the equivalent to spitting in his face. "After everything I've done for you, you're just going to run away. " I've pleaded, I've compromised, I've reasoned. I've explained over and over again that it's time for me to make my own choices, my own mistakes. It's time for me to start my own life.
He cusses, threatens and finally, he lays on ye olde guilt trip. I'm "breaking" his heart.
So, I act the bitch. I harden my nose, stick out my lip, and tell him exactly how I feel about it. Apparently, that's considered being disrespectful. He says that one day I'll regret this.
Whatever. I'm sticking to my guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment